diamond with a guide
The Diamond district (2 hours)
Not only does Antwerp have its own diamond district, but also it forms the centre of the world diamond trade. The narrow streets of the diamond district may be paved in diamond dust but they tell a rich, fascinating tale of deals done on trust, new beginnings and fortunes won and lost. We end with the future: the interactive diamond museum.
Antwerp, a sparkling diamond capital (3 hours)
Find out about the golden age, the rise and fall of Antwerp's diamond industry in the 19th century. Past the lavish shopping streets towards Antwerp's Central Station, the diamond district sparkles. A colourful mix of nationalities set the neighbourhood alight, negotiating transactions, deals and futures. End your tour with a visit of the interactive diamond museum.
How to book
- At the latest three weeks before your scheduled visit to Antwerp, you should contact the Guides' Association of Antwerp Tourism & Convention.
- You can book online, by phone, in writing or at the desks of Antwerp Tourism & Convention (from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.). Upon booking you will receive a confirmation and a form for your bank transfer.
- Your payment has to reach us at the latest ten days prior to your visit, or we will not be able to guarantee your booking.
- You can also book one of the guided tours online by using the form to the right of this page, and this until three weeks prior to your scheduled visit.
- Generally speaking, a guide will accompany groups of not more than 20 persons. Exceptions to this rule depend on museum or exhibition conditions. For guided tours, only one guide per vehicle is required.
- For tours, the group is required to provide its own transport e.g. a coach for Port Tours.
- Adapted programs are possible for disabled persons.
- Entrance fees for churches and/or museums need to be paid on entrance. Churches may be closed to visitors due to a funeral or wedding.
- Antwerpen Toerisme & Congres
Grote Markt 13 - 15
Tel: +32 (0)3 232 01 03
Fax +32 (0)3 203 95 08